This year for Easter, instead of going home to be with family, my family came to me. I have to say, this was one of my favorite Easter weekends ever!! We did so many fun things together as a family. We spent a lot of time at the Tempe Marketplace, shopping and eating and just hanging out.
On Friday night we got sandwiches and headed to the temple for the Easter pageant. The weather wasn't the greatest, it was a little windy and a little chilly, our seats didn't provide the best view and the play itself was just a little bit cheesy, but all in all, I loved it! Being together as a family outside on picnic blankets, I almost felt like a kid again (if it weren't for the constant reminder that I have a child of my own). He was such a good sport and so much fun to be with.
On Sunday we went to church as a family where we had the opportunity to be reminded of the true reason that we celebrate this season. Plus, Dallen got a chance to look so handsome in his new clothes he found in his Easter basket.
On a serious note: it is amazing to me how much becoming a mother has been able to change my perspective of the Atonement and eternal families. I am so grateful for my Savior and I am also so grateful for my family. I did some reflecting (and just a little tear shedding) after my family left this afternoon and I was alone with my little boy again, and it is unexplainable how much love I have in my heart!! I have so much to be grateful for and I am so glad for seasons to remind me of all that we have. Happy Easter!!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How fun Jacki! He looks so handsome in his Easter clothes! Can't wait to see you this summer!
Love ya!
Thanks for hosting the best Easter weekend ever. I loved every minute with you guys. It was definitely nice to sit around the house and be lazy with my favorite little man! Oh, and the shopping was great too. :) Love you both! Let me know when you guys are thining of going house hunting. I'd love another weekend away!
Dallen looks SO cute in his Easter Sunday outfit! I love his little tie. Siena can't wait to see him again:) He is looking more and more like Mark I think. Glad you had a fun weekend!
Wow, looks like you had a great Easter, how nice to have family come to you, I love that. Dallen looks so handsome in his cute little tie, I just love those little ties. Glad you had a great Easter!!!
Dallen is such a mini Mark now! I was looking at Mark holding him in church and he just looks exactly like him only miniature!
We had a wonderful week-end with you! It was hard to leave...I'm so glad we will see you again next month!
I love all the photos. Looks like you guys had a blast! Little Dallen is seriously SO cute!
So fun!! Being with family is really the best, oh ya and tempe marketplace:)
you guys are all so beautiful!!
Dallen is SOO handsome in his tie!!
xoxo
Thank you for sharing your wonderful Easter,family moments with us! I so enjoy reading about my wonderful, eternal family! That is what I live for! This life is such a short moment in eternity and because of our Savior and His resurrection and restoration we can all look forward to an eternity together with our families!
You and your little family are so beautiful!
Post a Comment